Sorry I have been really M.I.A lately, but uni is quite literally kicking my butt now. I have a dissertation due in may, 3 assignments due in april and 2 exams in may, suffice to say I need a beach with a long island ice tea cocktail, STAT!
Despite all this pressure, I thought I'd delight you all with my online presence (ha ha ha!)
I was very surprised when I looked through my emails one morning and realised that Nin over at Prettypug had nominated me for a Liebster award, and sadly it quite literally made my
So here are the rules, I have to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominee and choose 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Frankly, I hate talking about myself, but anything to distract me if only for a little while from the never-ending dissertation.
So without further a do, 11 random facts about moi!
- I am currently a 3rd year student, studying Criminology with Psychology and quite literally counting down the days until graduation. (Although the thought of me leaving my
friends, family and new home is very daunting to say the least
- I am quite literally terrified of spiders. Come at me with one, and I may actually have to do physical harm to you. Lol who am I kidding, you will most likely see me in a foetal position crying my poor little heart out.
- I am an only child.
- I have many great friends, but my Mum will always be my number 1 she is definitely what I imagine to have a sister would be like. And she is most definitely the definition of the grand ol' saying 'can't live with her, can't live without her'
- I am a very good singer, alas I have unfortunately been cursed with stage fright, sort of a catch 22 - all hopes of wanting to become a famous singer have been thrown out the window
- Green and Grey are my 2 favourite colours, if you haven't noticed already.
- My family background is Jamaican, but I was born and raised in London
- I love to cook, just as much as I love to eat and my favourite food in the whole world would be something pork related, possibly jerk pork
- I have 2 piercings (minus the ears) and 2 tattoos
- History was one of my favourite classes at school, although I was horrible at it
- Handbags, and shoes (flats/heels) are my kryptonite, although I'm still mastering how to walk in heels (lol)
11 questions I was asked...
1. If you could go on holiday right now, where would you go and why?
I'd choose to go somewhere in the far east, maybe malaysia or Bali simply because of the culture and the history places like these are mostly overlooked and I would love to capture all the beauty of these countries before its too late
2. What three songs are you loving right now?
I can't even tell you the last time I properly listened to music. The only music lately I have been listening to is soothing oceans, and piano melodies to help me concentrate with my work, so uh does that count?
3. Summer 2013... what are your plans?
Hopefully go on a pre-graduation holiday with my uni friends to Turkey, then after that its back to depressing England to put my degree to use and look for a job.
4. Dream job?
I'd love to work for myself. Start my own business doing God knows what, watch this space!
5. If you were any Harry Potter character, who would you be and why?
I'd be Hermione, mostly because I am a secret lover of gingers (Ron Weasley!) and who else wouldn't want to be outrageously smart and beautiful?! Girl power is making a comeback.
6. Will you be donating to Comic Relief/what are your reviews on such-things?
As much as I love watching Comic Relief, I won't be donating. To me personally I think charities are all a big scam and I much rather go over to a country and volunteer my time to them. My mum works within the voluntary sector so I know all the ins and outs.
7. Highlight of 2013 so far?
Its too early to tell, I guess a new boyfriend and just finally being happy and content with life.
8. Which items of your wardrobe could you not live without?
Ooh this is a tricky one! I guess my leather jacket and my ugg boots
10. You're getting married; you have complete creative control - what is your colour scheme, theme, etc, - what would you do?
Where do I start?! Although green is my fave colour it wouldn't be one of the colour schemes. Maybe a purple and grey/silver? But I don't want to get married in a church I'm not that religious, and if I can't get married in an outdoor wedding, then I'd rather just get married in the registry office.
11. Name something non-academic you would like to learn to do?
I'd love how to learn to fly a plane. Air Jade here I come!
Ok so here are my 11 questions to you.
- When you was little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Who is your celebrity crush (male) and your fashion icon (female)
- What one item could you not live without?
- If you could be an animal, what animal would you choose and why?
- Exercise or plastic surgery?
- If you could be or do anything in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If you remember your first ever date (or any date), what did you do?
- What are some of your best memories?
- If you could back in time where would you go and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Who I nominate!
I don't really know who else to tag, but I'd love it if everyone participated. That would be awesome and let me know if you do it in the comments.
Thank you for being such a loverly distraction as always, welcome new followers. I hope you all have a great weekend and a fabulous week!