Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

REVIEW: Aloe Vera King Drink

I'm now back in my hometown for the easter break and I'm very excited to see how this break plans out for me. On the way home, my mum who was very excited about this, told me that she had a drink for me to try when we got home. Naturally I asked if it was alcoholic and disappointingly she said no - lol- she kept it a secret all the way until we got home.

And for good reasons. It was an aloe vera drink. When I was younger my mum made me try some aloe vera juice straight from the plant itself and the taste is anything but pleasant!! Its bitter as hell and tbh for putting me through such horrid displeasures, I think child services should have been called at the time. 

However aloe vera is meant to be good for ya right? So hold up on all calls to childline and read on!

So she produced this green bottle out of the fridge which looks a little something like this..


This little green product is called Aloe Vera King, and don't let the fact that it has aloe vera in it put you off, originating from Korea, so you know its bound to be amazing for your body!

So I tried this product and to my surprise I really liked it! If your the type of person who doesn't like bits in their drink, then this is not for you. 
There are flecks of aloe vera bits in the drink, which are kind of jelly like and reminds me a bit of the inside of a grape, but a nicer version of the aloe vera (its not bitter at all), the juice itself tastes like it has a hint of grape flavour in it, I'm not entirely sure, but it actually tastes incredible and a glass of this a day is very beneficial to your health!

The ingredients include: Mineral water, fructose, Aloe vera powder (22%), Aloe Vera gel (8%), honey (Korea origin), acidity regulator: Citric acid, natural grape flavour
(There are no preservative, no artificial colouring, no artificial flavour, no fat, no GMO and contains pure aloe gel.)

 Aloe Vera has these many health benefit: Improves blood circulation, prevents coronary heart disease, Relieves gastrointestinal problems, works as an antioxidant, aids in digestion, aids in kidney and liver functions, prevents hair loss, constipation and unpleasant breath, fatigue recovery, weight loss, the strengthening of joints and cancer fighting, improves the immune system, promote skin health and protect the cardiovascular system.


My mum, purchased this from an oriental supermarket, however we did see it in our local Asda in the oriental section. There are 2 sizes of this drink, a small regular bottle which cost I think less than £1.50 and the big bottle which is the bottle in the picture which was less than £3 (by a couple of pence).

I am definitely going to be stocking up and drinking more of this from now on! I encourage all to try and let me know what you think of this product! I can't wait to see the results of drinking this :D

Secret Corner Rating: 10/10

xo











13 comments:

  1. This looks good. Do you drink the whole bottle? Or just a bit every day? My mum used to get the one from Holland & Barrett but she only had to have a capful every morning.

    Lola@LolaStarHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my mum drinks a glass a day or whenever she feels for it really. So as long as you've had at least 1 glass a day you should be fine! Just make sure its in moderation :)

      Delete
  2. wow haha my mum has tried to make me drink the aloe straight from the plant as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I feel for ya! Now you can tell your mum there is a nicer way to drink it! xx

      Delete
  3. My husband loves this stuff. They have some flavored ones too, but he says the plain is the best one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Thanks for letting me know Tracie, I shall be on the look out for the other flavours, although I have to say the plain one is my fave too! :D xx

      Delete
  4. I startd drinking it today.my mom intruduced me to it earlier in the day.so I bought two bottles of it.iv givin up soda and from now on I wana start drinkn this in its replacment.my question would be dose any one know if it is safe to drink while breastfeeding? I will talk with my doctor as welk but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on it thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I've only just seen this. It should be fine to drink its just a normal healthier drink, but definitely consult your doctor if in doubt. Hope this helps :) xo

      Delete
  5. JADE just seen your web page and wondered you might know? i have been looking for this in my local Asda in Bootle and the big Aintree Asda in Liverpool but when i ask all i get is a funny look from them ?

    where can i get it it would be good for my IBS

    yours Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul,

      Its usually in the world food section in Asda near the oriental bit if your Asda has one, if not the next best place to buy it would be an oriental supermarket! I hope this has helped. xo

      Delete
    2. Paul,

      Its also sold in Morrisons...bought some yesterday!

      Delete
  6. I live in Abu Dhabi and picked this up yesterday - pineapple flavour. It's delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jade,

    I think I'm a little bit in love with you and the fact your blog has come top of the Google search ranking for Aloe Vera King should be applauded. You should approach the company and talk about how you might be able to help them ;)

    NickyWick

    ReplyDelete