Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Apologies & CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Hey Guys,

First of all I'd like to start off with a huge apology. I haven't uploaded any blogs in a while mainly because I had lost the motivation to blog and I didn't want my blogs to seem robotic and not as easy going as they usually are. I have also been very busy with working at the weekends (which now my contract has ended) and volunteering during the week. I hope you all can except my apology!

But lately I have become more inspired. I guess some may call it a revelation or an epiphany. But I'm going to call it a lifestyle change.



One day I just woke up and told myself 'Jade you are 20 years old, you are in your prime and this is not how you want to look for such a monumental time in your life' thus the idea of my 'ThinSpiration' was born.

You may not all know this but I am a size 16/18 and yeah some may see that as curvy and some may even see that as fat, but I just see it as a burden. I have always been on the chubs side ever since I was little and now I think its time I do something about it.

A very good friend of mine told me about Jillian Michael's 30 day shred so I naturally had to check it out for myself. I bought the DVD from amazon (here) and even acquired myself some weights (here also when I bought these they were much cheaper, I have no clue why they are so expensive now. But have a look around amazon you could probs find cheaper ones too) and within 2 weeks I had notice a difference my face was a lot smaller than usual.

I also changed my eating habits. For 2 weeks I did no carbs - this proved harder than I thought. Coming from a Caribbean background where all you pretty much eat is carbs and protein and eventually white rice was calling my name so I introduced it back into my diet. So now I just cut down my portion sizes.
I try my best to eat 3 meals a day (something which I never used to do before) slowly but surely I'm getting there.

This morning I came across a news article on the Daily Mail about Jordin Sparks. For those of you who don't know who Jordin Sparks is, she is an American Idol winner I think in 2007/(8) I can't remember and she was a bit on the hefty size and now she has lost a whopping 50lbs and looks incredible!!





She has definitely inspired me to go on with this new lifestyle change. And maybe I can share with you guys my progress through it all.

I have a goal, I'd like to drop 2 dress sizes if not more and I have to fit and look good in a bikini for my holiday next summer. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.





Maybe this can be weekly thing. I duno but we will see! I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to writing more blogs for you all. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment