Mac foundation is definitely my poison and I don't think I've ever tried anything else. I've told myself that I was going to try something cheaper, but every time I walked into say Boots or Superdrugs and try one of the foundations it neve gives me enough coverage! So I end up spending more in MAC then I usually would have lol.
My skin is normally pretty good, I can go with just wearing powder but I like to wear liquid foundation most of the time.
So these are pictures of me getting ready to go out for my cousins birthday
What I used:
- Eyelash curler
- Rimmel Scandal eyes mascara
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner - This isn't the best felt tip but it was affordable! :)
- Barry M Khol eyeliner pencil
- Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil in 004 Black Brown
- Normal facial cream - I use this as a primer
- MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NC45 - I've only just made the change to their mineralize foundation from their Studio fix (NC45 and NC50) and I FREAKINN' love this foundation! Hardly anyone can tell I have foundation on, and it looks completely natural. Light to medium coverage and you can build it up to suit your needs.
- Mac blush in fever
- Mac Mineralize skin finish natural in medium deep - This product is the best product I have ever used, I cannot give it enough praise! I usually used powder to set my makeup, but my friend recommended me to get this. When I first put it on, I didn't think it worked as usually with the powder it would look cakey and you could tell I was wearing makeup, but with this it is like you have nothing on but keeps your makeup on extremely well!
- I don't really like using a concealer, I like to believe the dark circles under my eyes gives my face character (yea right! lol) and doesn't make my face look to made up! I usually use concealer on its own, but if I were to use concealer I'd use MAC Studio finish Concealer in NW40
I didn't take a picture with my full lips done but I had on:
- Maybelline coloursensational in 547 pleasure me red - I dunno why but I always put a red lip liner under my pink lipgloss/Lipstick I just love the final result of this!
- MAC Lipstick in Lustre
- NYX Lipgloss in Goddess of the night - I've been looking everywhere for this colour and cannot seem to find it anywhere, I always get compliments when I use this lipgloss. I will find it!!!
I've been through so many foundation nightmares with MAC not having the right shade, either too dark or too orange but I think it was the type of foundation used, mineral makeup is where its at!
I apply my foundation with a stipple brush, I really really really wanted one and I couldn't afford to buy a stigma brush (I really wanted a stigma one) so I settled and one from E.L.F no complaints so far! This method is exceptional when going for a flawless look, I'll never use a foundation brush ever again. I've also noticed I use less makeup when I use a stippling brush so theres a great tip for everyone wanting a flawless finish to your foundation.
All the items of makeup you see in that picture are the only items I use, and if I should change I shall keep you updated.
Hope everyone had an amazing Easter!