Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

My Foundation Routine

I thought I'd write about my new foundation routine as it has changed over the months.

Mac foundation is definitely my poison and I don't think I've ever tried anything else. I've told myself that I was going to try something cheaper, but every time I walked into say Boots or Superdrugs and try one of the foundations it neve gives me enough coverage! So I end up spending more in MAC then I usually would have lol.

My skin is normally pretty good, I can go with just wearing powder but I like to wear liquid foundation most of the time.

So these are pictures of me getting ready to go out for my cousins birthday
Before 
After



(Excuse the comb sticking out from my hair, I couldn't find a clip to hold my fringe out of the way so I just used that instead! The lighting is so bad, yikes!)

12345678910

What I used:
Eyes

  • Eyelash curler
  • Rimmel Scandal eyes mascara
  • Collection 2000 Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner - This isn't the best felt tip but it was affordable! :)
  • Barry M Khol eyeliner pencil
  • Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil in 004 Black Brown
You can't really see my eyes close up, but still thought you'd like to know :)

Face

  • Normal facial cream - I use this as a primer
  • MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NC45 - I've only just made the change to their mineralize foundation from their Studio fix (NC45 and NC50) and I FREAKINN' love this foundation! Hardly anyone can tell I have foundation on, and it looks completely natural. Light to medium coverage and you can build it up to suit your needs.
  • Mac blush in fever
  • Mac Mineralize skin finish natural in medium deep - This product is the best product I have ever used, I cannot give it enough praise! I usually used powder to set my makeup, but my friend recommended me to get this. When I first put it on, I didn't think it worked as usually with the powder it would look cakey and you could tell I was wearing makeup, but with this it is like you have nothing on but keeps your makeup on extremely well!
  • I don't really like using a concealer, I like to believe the dark circles under my eyes gives my face character (yea right! lol) and doesn't make my face look to made up! I usually use concealer on its own, but if I were to use concealer I'd use MAC Studio finish Concealer in NW40
Lips
I didn't take a picture with my full lips done but I had on:
  • Maybelline coloursensational in 547 pleasure me red - I dunno why but I always put a red lip liner under my pink lipgloss/Lipstick I just love the final result of this!
  • MAC Lipstick in Lustre
  • NYX Lipgloss in Goddess of the night - I've been looking everywhere for this colour and cannot seem to find it anywhere, I always get compliments when I use this lipgloss. I will find it!!!

I've been through so many foundation nightmares with MAC not having the right shade, either too dark or too orange but I think it was the type of foundation used, mineral makeup is where its at!

I apply my foundation with a stipple brush, I really really really wanted one and I couldn't afford to buy a stigma brush (I really wanted a stigma one) so I settled and one from E.L.F no complaints so far! This method is exceptional when going for a flawless look, I'll never use a foundation brush ever again. I've also noticed I use less makeup when I use a stippling brush so theres a great tip for everyone wanting a flawless finish to your foundation.

All the items of makeup you see in that picture are the only items I use, and if I should change I shall keep you updated.

Hope everyone had an amazing Easter!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment