Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Film Review: New Years Eve

Hi all,

I thought I'd do a change of pace and review a film. Completely my own views, beliefs opinions on these movies and it is not there to discourage you but just make you aware of what the movie is about.

Here it goes.

It was the 31st of December 2011, and me and my boyfriend decided to watch New Years Eve, how fitting I thought and how sweet he would want to watch a "chick flick" with me so I wasn't going to say no, this was a rare opportunity.



When I first saw the adverts for it to come out in the cinemas, I automatically wanted to see it. These kind of movies are my favourite type of genres! I'm into all sorts of rom coms etc. Don't get me wrong, I do love a good action movie, or even a gore flick, but sometimes it's great to just get away from reality sometimes which I felt this movie provided very well.

I was also a bit on edge, as they tried these types of movies before e.g. Valentines Day and I'll let you make your own mind up about that movie. It was the cast who drew me to the movie initially, anything with Ashton Kutcher I'm there like a shot - what a heart throb. From Michelle Pfeiffer to Hilary Swank to even Jon Bon Jovi the singer there was no one left out!

The film is typically about couples and singles living in New York and the intertwining of said people over the course of New Years.

Although for me personally, when there is too much stuff going on in a movie or too much information I get lost and confused which wasn't the case in this movie. However I was a little disappointed as they were trying to fit so much in to the movie each individual story was short and I like movies where the character has a beginning middle and end.

This movie was definitely a movie you see with friends or loved ones, after watching it, it put me in such a happy cheerful mood I was more than happy to welcome in the New Year. Yeah the movie is corny, but that is the purpose of movies like this, to put you in a cheerful mood, to put you in that feel good mood!

Would I recommend this film? Yes!

I wouldn't walk into the cinema expecting to be wowed and amazed, and walking out trying to work out whether or not he was dreaming or if it was reality but its worth the view to make up your own mind!

Secret Corner Score: 6/10

Good luck!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review! I do agree after watching it the stories were a bit short but I still loved watching it. When I seen it was available on Blockbuster @Home I right away rented it and got it in the mail pretty quick. I just have been busy working late at Dish so I haven't had a chance to watch it. Luckily I don't have to return it right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it :D
      I know I'd watch it again too I'm a sucker for corny movies! xxx

      Delete