Pages

Saturday 14 January 2012

Reality TV

Ok, so I'll admit it. I am a reality TV junkie, and I am proud!

I know, it came to my attention today just how much I love watching the drama of other people's lives. I know what your thinking, she's so fed up of her own life she has to escape reality and live vicariously though other people.



Uh nooo! That's not what the thrill is at all, but to think about it I can't exactly explain to you what the thrill is.

My favourite reality TV shows are; Braxton Family Values, Jersey Shore, Don't tell the bride, Real Housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills, The only way is essex, Made in Chelsea, Desperate Scousewives, Geordie shore, Bridezilla, Come dine with me, Keeping up with the Kardashians etc.

Ever since Big Brother first appeared on our TV screens in the UK in 2000, it completely revolutionised the way in which we view TV. It even opened the door for more TV networks to be created. Unfortunately a downfall of the Reality show is that it creates celebrities out of anyone who is more than willing to compromise their self's for their 15 minutes of fame. What is that saying for our future generations to come?

They make reality TV out of anything these days! From modelling competitions, to bridal shows to family dramas! There is no stone left upturned. I must say however when four brides came out I was super excited about it, I mean who doesn't like a wedding? And who doesn't like to to criticise people without consequences?!

In contrast, there are some reality TV shows I am like what the f*ck? Big Love is one of the shows I've come across, I've never watched it before but I believe it is about monogamist families (families that consist of one husband and a numerous amount of wives, living in the same household). I shall just end the sentence there, I think that says it all about THAT reality TV show. But who am I to judge, how people live their lives?

Today I was watching an episode of 'The Braxton's Family Values' which is one of my favourite reality shows, and it is a show about the famous singer Toni Braxton and her family and if you haven't watched it then I advise you go and watch it!

What I love about Reality TV is when you watch the shows about celebrities, it shows you that they are kind of similar to you minus the several millions difference and its an insight into what their lifestyles are like, it is interesting to see how the other half lives, and it makes me feel content with what I have.

We all have our guilty pleasures, I thought I'd just share mine with you.

Happy Saturday!

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment